Friday, February 6, 2009

Best noodles EVER!

Ok, so I just had the tastiest noodles of my life and they cost me less than $2. I can't take all the credit for finding them since the restaurant was actually a Lonely Planet recommendation, but I don't care because they were amazing. I'm in Vientiane, the capital city of Laos, and I'm getting a bus in 20 mins to continue my path north but these noodles were so good that I decided to take 10 mins of internet time just because I'm so excited and want to tell people how great they were.
So the noodles themselves were a rice noodle, but thicker than vermicelli. They were served with thin pieces of cucumber, carrots, lettuce, fresh mint, bean sprouts, some small pieces of pork and of some nut but I'm not even sure what kind, and I ordered mine with a fried spring roll which came cut up and served on top (also delicious). But the magic was really in the sauce. It was nutty, spicy, citrusy and just complimented everything perfectly. The whole dish was light and fresh (served cold, more like a salad) and yet super filling. I'm tempted to say that it actually gives Baton Rouge ribs a good run for my favourite meal ever...it's that good.
Ok, I have to catch a bus....

1 comment:

Mackenzie Muldoon said...

Man, I want that recipe! sounds delish.

Got your message on V -day, btw. Nice to hear your voice.

Luv ya
xo