Friday, January 2, 2009

Wedding

I feel that so much has happened since I wrote last and I'm realizing that I probably won't be online as much as I thought...so bear with me.

I guess I should write about the wedding since that's technically the reason I came to Goa. The wedding was beautiful and the reception was a lot of fun. It was a catholic mass and it wasn't all that different from what I'm used to, although it was a long one, about 1 hour 45mins. It was in a big white church that's close to 400 years old and they had lots of gorgeous flowers and rose petals down the aisle. The reception began with the bride and groom driving around in a vintage car (sorry, no idea what kind) while once again everyone threw petals on them. They also had fireworks, some fire-juggling buskers, the area decorated with thousands of white x-mas lights, and most importantly a very tasty buffet dinner.
I spent the dinner sitting with Nigel's friends from the US (he lives in Chicago), and we've been hanging out with them ever since. Lindsay also managed to catch the bouquet, after it came to me but I deflected it quickly in her direction. I'm not really looking to be the next one in line to walk down the aisle. They also made Nigel take off Christina's garter but put a bit of a twist on it. First of all they blind-folded him and then also wouldn't let him use his hands. Then they pulled Christina out of the chair and one of their other guy friends sat in her place. Needless to say it didn't take Nigel long to realize it wasn't Christina's legs but not before they had a good laugh.
Once the reception was over we all headed out to a club (minus the bride and groom of course) to continue the party. Lindsay went in her bridesmaid dress and everything so we stood out a little bit but had a good night of dancing regardless.

The next day a bunch of family and friends all got together on a boat trip in the evening. It was basically a pirate ship....minus the eye patches and booty. But once again with food and drinks and music. It was nice to get a different view of Goa and watch the sunset.

No comments: